This week’s post may prove to be quite short.    

  I’m starting it Friday evening, as I shall be out at our Diocesan Synod tomorrow from 8am to 6pm. Agh!!! It used to be much more convenient (for me 😊) when Synod was in the fall but for the past few years it has taken place in June, which is pretty bad timing if one happens to direct Day Camps! 

   The week has been filled with all sorts of last minute jobs and meetings as we near the start of Day Camps. Monday morning I interview one more new Team Member and helped her fill out her Police check form. That afternoon, I quickly sewed 6 large drawstring bags to house our new, smaller sets of Team Supplies.

Tuesday morning Donna came to place Program Manuals in their covers and then to pack the 6 sets of supplies.. Then on Thursday Mae Anne joined me for a lunch meeting at which we finalised our Team configurations and that evening I met with one of our Training Team Leaders who lives in Ottawa.    This morning I just wrapped up a meeting with two more Training Team Leaders as  we actually have FOUR Training Team leaders this summer because two of them are “tag team” leading one Team, since neither is available for the full week (just adding to the sort of complicated arrangements we always seem to have around here!)….

This afternoon Jillian came to complete the music binders for theTeams. She worked all afternoon and then stayed for supper while I spent the time doing a huge baking- 2 loaves of gluten-free bread, 1 dozen Pita, a batch of chocolate chip cookies, a dozen lemon scones and then a large pan of Indian Pizza for our supper.Along with all those meetings this week much of my time has been spent trying to fill the vacant slots on our schedule. So far I have not had any success, which continues to be very discouraging.  How I wish the five slots could be filled this week; we have had miracles in the past but FIVE host communities is pretty close to impossible.

And whoosh… now it is Saturday and  just about lunchtime here at Synod. Steven is at home holding the fort with Thomason this morning with Tyler geared to take over  in the afternoon. I just checked my messages and Steven reports that he has walked Thom all he way to the lookout on Mount Royal and has just got home again. Steven is tired but Thomason is fresh as a daisy.😊

One week from now I’ll be sitting in a very different location, as it will be TEAM TRAINING DAY at my house and hopefully we will all be eating our lunch outside on the deck.Meanwhile here at Synod I’m grabbing my bag lunch as people all around me line up for the catered meal (non-organic 😒). I think I’ll need to break off now, as we are about to reconvene, more this evening when I finish this post…

So just a quick Sunday morning word before ending. Last evening by the time I got home, made dinner and cleared up it was too late to finish, so here is your weekly recipe, enjoy 😊

Indian Pizza


  • 2 cups unbleached flour
  • 2 cups whole-wheat flour
  • 2 tsps. salt
  • 6 Tbsps. Olive oil
  • 1 tsp. yeast dissolved in 1½ cups warm water

Place dry ingredients and oil in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times. With the motor running, add the water with the dissolved yeast. When the dough comes together transfer it to an oiled bowl and allow to rise for 1 hour before shaping.


  • 1 onion,chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. each olive oil and butter
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 tsps. fresh ginger root, grated
  • ½ tsp. chilli powder
  • 1 tsp. fenugreek seeds
  • 1 Tbsp. Garam Masala
  • 2 tsps. Cumin
  • 6oz. tomato paste
  • ½ cup heavy cream


  • 1 each orange and red pepper, cut into thin strips
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella
  • ½ cup chopped cilantro

Heat the oil and butter in a large sauté pan and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Add the spices and stir until fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste and cream and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Set aside. Oil a 12”x17” heavy baking sheet and spread the risen dough to fill the pan. Spread the sauce over the dough and top with the pepper strips and shredded cheese. Bake in a preheated 450º oven for 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Cut into squares and serve immediately.

search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close